Friday, February 1, 2008

Killling Vampires

Sup M-Fers?

So I haven't been doing a lot of tsd blogging lately, but I have been doing doing a lot of blog reading. For the past year I've been a huge fan of the Title of Show Blog which is the blog for the upcoming Broadway Musical [title of show] which is a fantastic piece of musical theatre about two guys writing a musical about two guys writing a musical. It sounds more complicated than it actually is, it's baisically the progression of a musical that they are trying to bring to Broadway. The show has four characters, two of which are actual writer/composers of the book/score. It's really fantastic and is so inspiring. Every song is about overcoming every obstacle that may get in the way of creating your own piece of art (killing your vampires). Now, after four years it is finally going to Broadway thanks to the help of no one but themselves. They had a dream and they made it in one of the hardest businesses ever and will be opening on the great white way in Spring 2008, all the while sharing the experience with their best friends who are the other cast memebers/crew of the show.

So anyway, the reason why I'm talking about this is because the show (which I haven't even seen yet) is what inspired me to write TSD.
So thank you to Hunter Bell, Jeff Bowen, Heidi Blickenstaff and Susan Blackwell for inspiration which is possibly the greatest gift.

In other news:
Tomorrow we should be finished casting for Brett, stay tuned for updates. I can't wait to start filming and do the whole official "Table Read." Too bad we don't have a big table. Oh well, I'll just build one or something. PS: I'm watching one of the Charlies Angles movies right now and those bitches are are rockin it. I wish I was a pussycat doll/secret agent/sex machine/black belt. But who doesn't really?

Also: I went to go see Speed the Plow at ACT-SF and that shit rocked. Here's to you, ACT for creating great theatre.

Peace and Love,

Derek

No comments: